1.1. Register to buy stocks on margin T+ package
With package of buying stocks on margin T+, customers can register directly at FPTS's Head Office/Branch/Transaction Office or access to our website https://eztrade.fpts.com.vn as instructions below or via our EzMobileTrading application.
Step 1: Customers complete their Contract of securities margin trading directly at FPTS or send their documents to FPTS when registering online (Customers see detailed instructions here).
Step 2: In Eztrade, Customers click "Register", select Service Package and Method of processing expired loans according to their needs.
Then, Customers enter "Trading Password" and click "Confirm"
- If Customers register before 15:00 on trading day: Margin T+ package takes effect immediately and their orders to buy margin during the day will be created contracts according to the information of margin T+ package.
- If Customers register after 15:00 on trading day: Margin T+ package takes effect on the next day and their orders to buy margin during the day can still create contracts according to the information of regular escrow service.
1.2. Change package and method of processing overdue loans
Customers choose Tab "Margin Management" and select "Look up parameters - Margin Contract"
Customers can change T+ Package and Method of processing overdue loans as well as review the History of changing at this screen.
Customers enter “Trading Password” and click “Confirm”
- Customers can change Margin T+ Package many times a day. However, T+ Package as the basis to make the Contract for margin purchase orders during the day is the last T+ Package registered by Customers before 15:00 on the trading day.
- Similarly, Customers can change the method of processing loans many times. At the end of the T+n trading day, if margin contract has not been settled, the system will:
- Auto-sell handles the entire remaining amount of stocks as collateral for the loan if the loan package processes method of Auto-sell.
- Automatically extend the loan for a new term of three (03) months if the margin code is still in FPTS's margin lending stocks portfolio, the accumulated interest will be added to the principal amount if The loan package has a processing method of Auto-renewal. After the contract is renewed, the overdue interest rate will be applied. After renewal, the renewal contract is considered as a normal margin contract, the debt repayment, renewal and semi-automatic operations are similar to the normal contract. For the next renewals of this Contract, the Renewal Rate will be the Normal Margin Rate.
At the Search Parameters screen - Margin Contract, the Customer may look up more information about the T+ Contract. Note:
- Expiration date: Depends on T+ package registered by customers at the time of making Contract (The day of Contract is n working days)
- Interest rate: This is the term interest rate according to the Deposit package registered by the customer, this interest rate will be lower than the standard interest rate of FPTS
- Number of days without interest: 3/5/7 days corresponding to each package
- Minimum capital support fee: 30,000 VND
- Loan type: Corresponding T+ package
1.3. Canceling the service package of buying stocks on margin T+
Customers cancel the service package of buying stocks on margin T+ at FPTS’s counter or online at EzTrade Online Trading.
Customers click "Cancel" button, enter "Trading password" and click "Confirm".
After canceling of the buying stocks on margin T+ Package takes effect, customers will use the deposit service by each loan at the standard interest rate, renewal operations and margin loan payment.
In EzTrade, select Margin contract management/Securities mortgage tab. A window for this service will be opened.
Select stocks you want to mortgage by clicking on “Select” box. You enter the quantity of shares to be mortgaged and maximum receivable cash for such stocks (tantamount to the margin loan ratio provided by FPTS). Enter the trading password and click Confirm.
- For stocks in transit to the account, customers must mortgage the entirety of the stocks and they can make a reduction in the margin loan only.
- Stock price is the nearest closing price.
- Quantity of shares must be in board lot specified by the Stock Exchanges (a multiple of 10 on HOSE and a multiple of 100 on HNX).
There are two methods of margin loan repayment:
Paying margin loan by selling collateral securities: After the market closes, the FPTS system will automatically calculate the principal and interest value on securities sold. This value will be blocked for FPTS to collect the loan on the payment date of the selling order. The remaining value will be credited to the customer's account on the payment date (usually T+2, two days after the trade date). Customers can get an advance of this remainder if they want.
Paying margin loan by cash: Customers can pay a part or an entirety of the margin loan with the available cash on the account.
In EzTrade, select Margin Contract Management/Margin Loan Repayment
Choose the repayment plan for the contract, using filter criteria.
After selecting filter criteria, click Update to show the contracts that match given criteria
If you want to repay any contract, tick that contract, then enter the amount of the principal you want to repay into the “Principal payment” field.
After selecting the contracts for repayment, you can recheck the total repayment value of selected contracts the Total value field.
Note: The FPTS system supports calculating the principal payable in some special cases: Choose the repayment plan in the Support field to calculate the payable value:
To send the payment order, you must enter the trading password and click the Confirm button.
Note: You are supposed to check the status of the orders carefully after you send it into FPTS system. If the order is successfully delivered, you will see “Delivered” in green background in the Notice column. If failed, you will receive a similar “Undelivered’ message in the red background.
- Time for margin loan repayment: 00:00 - 16:30 on working days;
- Time for margin contract renewal: 08:00 - 16:30 on working days;
In principle, margin loan contracts are a 3-month maturity term. Borrowers need to repay the loan before the maturity date of each contract. But, from 20 days prior to the maturity date, you can apply for contract renewal to FPTS. Margin loan contracts may be agreed for another 3-month extension by FPTS, depending on FPTS's applicable margin trading policies.
In EzTrade, select Margin Contract Management tab, then Margin Contract Renewal
After you select contracts for renewal, the system will require accumulated interest payment up to the date of applying for extension. Upon FPTS’s approval of the contract renewal, terms and conditions of the contract will be revised according to FPTS’s applicable policy.
Enter the trading password and click Confirm button to proceed.
If the order is successfully delivered, you will see “Delivered” in green background in the Notice column. If failed, you will receive a similar “Undelivered’ message in the red background.
In case you almost use up the margin limit and need more, you can make an online request for the limit change:
In EzTrade, select Margin Contract Management tab, then Requesting margin limit change
Enter the desired limit in the New limit field. After entering the new limit, you must enter the trading password and click Confirm to send the request to FPTS. You can keep track of the status of new limit requests and actual limits approved by FPTS right on this screen:
In EzTrade, select Margin Contract Management/Parameters - Margin Contract
After selecting parameters (time, pending contracts, all contracts, etc), please click “Update” button to view descriptions.